Dear Texas partners,
As a valued partner in the Zika response, we want to ensure you are aware that Zika Care Connect launched today. Zika Care Connect is dedicated to improving access to clinical services for families affected by Zika in 10 jurisdictions throughout the United States and its territories at high risk for Zika, with the ultimate goal of lessening the effects of Zika on children and families. Thank you for your support and assistance as Zika Care Connect was initiated; this important resource is now available to help pregnant women and families find the medical help they need.
What’s on the Zika Care Connect website?
The Zika Care Connect website contains information to help pregnant women and families find the appropriate healthcare professional and resources that can address their specific needs.
- Healthcare Professional Network – a searchable database of healthcare specialists who provide care for pregnant women and infants affected by Zika
o Healthcare specialties include maternal-fetal medicine, mental health, audiology, radiology, pediatric ophthalmology, pediatric neurology, developmental pediatrics, infectious disease, and endocrinology
- HelpLine – a call line staffed from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET by professionals who can help answer questions and provide referrals to healthcare professionals in the Zika Care Connect network
- Downloadable Materials for Patients, Families, and Healthcare Professionals – fact sheets, charts, checklists and other documents about Zika
- Frequently Asked Questions – answers to common questions about Zika and Zika Care Connect We invite you to explore the resources and information available on the Zika Care Connect website, and to share this new resource broadly within your professional network. Please feel free to contact the network with any questions. Best, Meghan Language to Promote ZCC Zika Care Connect is a new program designed to connect women, parents and caregivers of infants, and families affected by Zika to recommended healthcare services. Zika Care Connect establishes a network of specialty healthcare providers in 10 high-risk jurisdictions throughout the United States and its territories. The provider network is accessible via the Zika Care Connect website and HelpLine. Zika Care Connect is continuing to seek healthcare specialists in maternal-fetal medicine, mental health, audiology, radiology, pediatric ophthalmology, pediatric neurology, developmental pediatrics, infectious disease, and endocrinology to voluntarily join the network. The 10 jurisdictions at high risk for Zika include California, Florida, Georgia, Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Texas, Virginia, Puerto Rico, and the US Virgin Islands. Zika Care Connect plans to expand to 5-10 additional jurisdictions in the near future. Participating providers will receive periodic emails with key Zika updates, including new CDC clinical guidance recommendations and patient resource tools. Joining the network is voluntary; Zika Care Connect seeks to include providers who can:
- Offer clinical services recommended by the CDC
- Receive new patient referrals
- Receive regular email updates
- Maintain up-to-date profile information on the Zika Care Connect website
If you are interested in joining the Zika Care Connect provider network, please visit the website or call the HelpLine at 1-844-677-0447 (toll-free) for more information on enrolling.
US Zika Pregnancy Registry
Pregnancy and Birth Defects Task Force
2016 CDC Zika Virus Response Team
1600 Clifton Road NE
Atlanta, GA 30333