Freezing Temperatures Expected Tonight
For Immediate Release – November 13, 2018
Montgomery County and surrounding areas are under a freeze warning from midnight tonight through 9 AM tomorrow. The National Weather Service anticipates the wind chill temperatures in the 20 -25 F tonight.
Freeze Warning has been issued for Montgomery County from midnight tonight to 9am Wednesday morning.
When driving tomorrow morning be cautious and aware of roads that might be prone to freeze.
Please review these safety tips as the cold weather approaches:
- Keep warm, stay inside if possible.
- If you need to go out, dress in layers and wear hats, gloves and an appropriate coat.
- Avoid overexertion, as cold weather puts added strain on your body.
- Never place a space heater on top of furniture or near water.
- Keep heat sources at least 3 feet away from furniture and drapes.
- Never leave children unattended near a space heater.
- Make sure pets stay warm.
- Bring in or cover any plants that may not stand the cold.
- Protect your pipes.
- Turn off sprinklers, especially if they spray on the roadway.
Protect yourself from carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning by installing a battery-operated CO detector and never use generators, grills, camp stoves, or similar devices indoors.
To receive emergency alerts to your phone or email from Montgomery County Office of Emergency Management, register at http://www.mc911.org/page/ecd.AlertMCTX. When you are creating your profile, you must check the box next to Share my Smart911 Profile with TX-Montgomery-County-911 to support emergency preparedness. Stay informed and monitor conditions for Montgomery County and the surrounding area on the Office of Homeland Security and Emergency Management website www.mctxoem.org, Facebook, or twitter, NOAA Weather Radio, KStar 99.7FM.